Arsenal 2-3 brentford: 10 things i learned about arsenal's friendly game yesterday
Arsenal 2-3 Brentford: 10 Things I Learned About Arsenal's Friendly Game Yesterday
Premier League returns next week as some Premier League Clubs have been test running their teams standard ahead of next week as they have been playing an indoor friendly games mostly with England Championship side.
The Gunners experience defeat against Brentford yesterday in a friendly game at the empty Emirates stadium. Arsenal have suffered a huge blow of 2-3 defeat at the hands of Brentford in a friendly game held at Emirates stadium with no fans. Though, the Gunners have already played their first friendly game last week which they were victorious but things went amiss yesterday for Mikel Artheta men.
Here are the things we learned in the Gunners friendly game against Brentford yesterday:-
1. All the Gunners players and staff were on knee yesterday as thy expressed solidarity with the slogan of 'We stand for change' and 'Colour is not a crime'.
2. The Gunners head coach, Mikel Arteta used two different sets of players like they used to do in any friendly game as he made several changes first in the break and then after 60 minutes.
(Arsenal's starting XI: Leno, Bellerin, Mustafi, Mari, Tierney, Ceballos, Willock, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah, Aubameyang)
(Second-half XI: Leno; Bellerin, Mustafi, David Luiz, Tierney; Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Ozil; Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka (players subbed on after 45 minutes in bold)
(XI after 60 minutes: Martinez; Sokratis, Holding, David Luiz, Kolasinac; Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Ozil; Nelson, Aubameyang, Martinelli)
3. Another thing we learnt was that Reiss Nelson was subbed off after 85 minutes with the Gunners youngster, Tray Cole making his debut for the Gunners yesterday against Brentford.
4. The likes of Cedric Soares, Lucas Torreira and Granit Xhaka were amazed to be absent in the friendly game yesterday.
5. The Gunners promising talented midfielder, Joe Willock and Alexandre Lacazette found the net for the Gunners yesterday against Brentford.
6. Another thing we learned was that the Gunners lost the lead twice as they won the first half 1-0, conceded in the second half, then took the lead again and squandered the lead in the dying minutes.
7. David Luiz over confidence cost the Gunners so greatly yesterday against Brentford.
8. Mikel Artheta played several young players like, Tray Coyle, Zech Medley, Matt Smith and Zachary Swanson with Coyle making his debut for the Gunners yesterday.
9. Arsenal's performance yesterday showed they aren't prepare to face Manchester city yet when Premier League returns next week.
10. Mikel Artheta needs and must caution David Luiz as per his over-confidence at the Gunners backline which always cost the Gunners so greatly.